Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) - Transparent, Thermoplastic Films
Insulectro is your one-stop shop for printed electronics.
In addition to being a first in class supplier, product specialists at Insulectro have in depth product knowledge offering process consultations and onsite training to ensure the very best products are selected for each critical need. Insulectro readily stocks an ever-growing assortment of substrates and this month we are highlighting Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) films.
Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) films are transparent, thermoplastic films or sheets that can be heat sealed, thermoformed, laminated, welded, or metalized to be used in a wide variety of applications. They are used for their high temperature low friction properties, wide-ranging chemical resistance, and a very high UV transparency with a relatively high breakdown voltage. FEP films are available in 4 grades, Premium, Welding, Mold Release, and High Molecular Weight.
Some of the characteristics that make FEP films a great substrate for printed electronics include:
- Continuous service temperature ranges from -400° to 400°F (-240 to 205°C)
- Superior anti-stick and low friction properties
- Chemically inert and solvent resistant to most chemicals
- Outstanding dielectric properties over a wide range of frequencies and temperatures
- Excellent light transmission and clarity